In order for you to be a success at entrepreneurship, you will first and foremost need to have an entrepreneurs’ mindset. You also must be HUNGRY and also don’t lose that HUNGER, that passion, that excitement, that energy. This is contagious and will attract people.
Don’t get caught up in the trap of thinking you can take it easy all day because you don’t have a boss to report to.
It’s good to be confident, just don’t be under-confident or over-confident.
Don’t allow people, your environment, to throw you off your rhythm.
Don’t get mad at yourself. Prepare, be ready… by being emotionally fit. Choose “I’m Doing This.”
Have you started an online business? Do you have that entrepreneur type spirit? If so, then you will want to keep these 7 key concepts at the forefront of your mind while you progress in your success.
Let’s do this…
Over Confident & Under Confident
When I was 19 years old and going to CVTC (Chippewa Valley Technical College), I had a teacher that pulled me aside and mentored me outside of class.
He was that kind of teacher that really cared about the students and believed in teaching some life lessons instead of just only teaching the subject in his classroom.
So I had to miss a test for some reason, really don’t remember why. Anyway I had to make up that test. And I came in, took the test and still remember to this day getting like 98 out of 100. I was pretty impressed cause I don’t think I studied that much for it.
The teacher’s name was Mr. _____, sorry don’t remember (it’s been a few years) his name but I would remember it if I heard it. Also I’m a lot better at faces. He was saying that I did very well on the test. And I said yeah, that I hadn’t studied much and had impressed myself.
Life lesson: He said to me, “You know Kelly, I noticed that when you came in to take the test you didn’t seem over-confident and you didn’t seem under-confident, you just seemed CONFIDENT. And what he said made me think.Hmmm… confident (not over or under), interesting I thought. Just something that has stuck with me to this day.
Having just the right amount of confidence, not too much to the point, of no one else can be right or have a good idea. Another lesson I had to learn, cause it’s also good to be open minded to others input (if it’s based on fact, not opinion) & not have the blinders on all the time.
Fail To Plan
Do you have a plan A and perhaps a plan B possibly an exit strategy or more options within plan A? One doesn’t want to plan to fail by failing to plan. Research and identify challenges of your niche or business type. Now you will be properly prepared for those hiccups that you will inevitably experience along the way.
Okay, lets finish the equation above… WORK HARD & Play Harder. Make your Top 5 (list) and prioritize, and “Eat the Frog” first. (Getting that most difficult project out of the way frees your mind in relief for the rest of the day)
Now you are making good progress toward your goal because you are also working smart! Schedule time to do your work and manage tasks to get them done by their deadlines and before you know it you could be in entrepreneur magazine.
“You’ve got to know when to hold’em and when to fold’em.” Ask yourself “What do I NEED to purchase today to help propel my business forward?” This may be something or it may be nothing for now.
Being A Loner
Trade in that Lone Ranger persona and surround yourself with allies. Befriend people and turn up your charm. An enthusiastic pleasant pleasing personality and a good attitude can go a long way. (heavy on the attitude) Sometimes your competition can strengthen your business, if you choose to help each other.
You could trade gigs if your schedule is booked up. Or if your schedule is slow you could help them out and trade labor. (bartering hours) Strive to create win/win experiences, deals & by learning from one another. As long as it results in a win/win for the both of us, I’m in all day long.
You’re Bored Out Of Your Mind
If your not excited to swing your legs over the edge of the bed and jump start your morning, if you’re not giving it 100%, then perhaps you’re not in the right business.
- If you love what you do and you have STRONG WHY(s) for doing what you do, you will have a much easier time seeing your plan through.
- Visualize the goal & as you work toward it, the picture will become clearer and clearer, until you finally realize it.
- Blogging can sometimes be a 6-8 month process, where you write and don’t see any results for it. Keep writing quality, add value, be unique & always start with your niche’s end user’s benefits in mind.
- Before you start writing ask yourself, “What is the purpose of writing this blog post?” Your INTENT, your energy, your emotion you put back of your writing WILL transfer to your reader.
Not Taking Care Of Business
Do you have business experience? Do you read business books? If your blog is a business, what need you be taking care of to run it like a business?
Do you have a day job or is your blog or online business making you enough money to support your livelihood? What days and what times have you scheduled for running your online business & what are your processes from start to finish?
Hint: If you’re a blogger, consider getting up early at say 5 a.m & start writing right away in the morning.
- Have you decided how often you will write a blog post? Once a day, once a week, twice a week? Are you setting aside 2 hours for research and 2 hours to write the post?
- Do you do things when you feel like it or do you have deadlines and a plan of attack? One should have their ducks in a row & then execute. You can adapt along the way, as it can be a bit of an art and whatever works, is a success in the end.
- Ultimately the customer, your client, your account is who you want to keep satisfied and always provide more value than what you get paid for. Do this and not only will you never go hungry, but you will eat to your hearts content for years, for decades to come.
I hope you enjoyed this post. If yes, then please feel free to leave a comment on which of my 7 Reasons Why You Are Not a Successful Entrepreneur intrigues you the most, below.