“That which you do not hate, you eventually tolerate.” – Malcolm X
i.e I’m a little pudgy. No your a fat ass!
– Allow myself to feel the pain and the difficulty of not being where i want to be.
- Gaining of Pleasure – wanting to get something, chasing the dream.
- Avoidance of Pain
- Leverage both of those things to Take Action
Ed loves to eat steak. Reward yourself with Bliss. Dopamine hit when you do something successful.
It’s important to celebrate our wins in our life, because it causes us to want the next bite of steak, keeps us HUNGRIER.
Self-confidence comes from self-trust. Keeping promises to yourself and being aware I’m doing it.
Most people don’t give themselves enough credit. Stack up and acknowledging those promises and positive compliments…
- I did eat what i said i was going to today
- I did get up when i said i was going to (and showing up to work early)
- I treated people in a way in which i said i was going to
…Put them back in a state of Self-Confidence… All of a sudden you are hitting home-runs again.
What to do When You’re at ground ZERO-ROCK bottom
Stack appreciation/gratitude, take inventory. Think of ALL the things in your life that you are appreciative for and reinforce it over and over and over again.
By doing that I started to magnetize some people that I needed to find into my life.
Start to see things to be appreciative for… my health, my fitness, people who loved me…. Changed my state
Change what i did in the morning and changed what i did in the evening… Morning rituals.
…This will give you some control over your day.
- Something cold i.e Cold shower (i like turning the hot faucet off at the very end of the shower). Wintertime, just walk out into the cold.
- Do not touch your phone, computer, email, facebook, etc, etc, etc for 30 minutes upon waking up. Hardest thing, but most beneficial.
- Meditation, prayer, stretching, breathing exercises,
- Except for Sundays, work out every morning (can get you in happy mood…emotion in motion)
Identity is the thermostat of your life. Invisible force that can change your life.
Most powerful force in the world is to be consistent with the concepts, ideas, and worth that you hold for yourself. You will get that out of your life.
Three Quick Ways To Raise Your Thermostat
- If you hang around the 5 people-they adjust your thermostat.
2. Activity, successes or achievements in a short burst of time.
3. Self-confidence (already covered above) and also knowing your natural gifts i.e determination, things that you can link to you winning.
I want more money, contribution, memories, experiences..etc.
We build habits, rituals and disciplines that serve us.
Set your STANDARDS high…so you’re not left to your own lazy devices.
1. One more person I could reach that day, one more phone call, one more something.
2. Raise your great standards every year… the way you do it, is to link it to your compelling, emotional gigantic reasons.
– Do you want to be at your son’s graduation and walk your daughter down the isle? Take care yourself and work out. (goals)
Public speaking secrets
1. Be passionate and believe in what your saying. (this has been my experience)
2. You believe I believe it. (INFLUENCE) …not you need them to believe you. (salesman)
3. Focus on the people you are going to reach, help. You know there’s goona be 30 people in the room that think you suck, so what.
Touch the dream. i.e If you knock one out of the park, you close on a good business deal or get paid alot of money for something. Treat yourself to hotel, or massage. You will trick your mind into believing that you belong there and that you are familiar with.
See it, touch it, feel it and smell it. Go and experience it short-term.
Inspire 100 Million people to reach the best version of themselves. Give them a platform to take off from.