Order of Rehab Scheduling
1. Plans/permits – window, etc – shop at Builders First Choice & pick Exterior guy’s brain
2. Dumpster – Johnson Roll-off (715) 577-359
3. Fix/safety issues: ceiling, sink drain, lock on window(s), GFI or eliminate outlets & fan in bath, bathtub (calk or replace), attic vent
5. Mold remedy
5. Materials ordering i.e cabinets, flooring, widows, doors for pricing, lead-time, availability. Keep pressure on the supplier to deliver on time.
6. Site prep/flatwork: driveway/sidewalk
6. Windows (Pella/Anderson)/doors
8. Masonry/tuck point
9. Landscaping/rip rap
10. Follow #15 to #26 (above)
13. Follow #32 to End
14. Profit $$$
1. Electric 200 amp? (probably not because gas hot water heater)
– wire for water heater (when replace it)
2. Plumbing- rip out galvanized & PVC… put in PEX pluming
My preference is to start landscaping as soon as all of the external work is completed to give the plants, or grass time to establish themselves, and thus to make the property marketable sooner.
– The exception to this is during periods of extreme drought, or in the middle of winter when plants are less likely to survive.
– Hard Knocks Tip: Make sure that you won’t need to upgrade your water service, or sewer lateral before installing the landscaping, or you might have to dig it up and start over.
Doing as much prework as possible before you even close on the house, getting your materials and suppliers lined up, and ordering your tasks so as to minimize delays and re-work.
– drywall patching
– steam or replace carpets