Think and Grow Rich | The 13 Steps to Riches
The Ultimate Summary
Praise for Think and Grow Rich
Study successful people, their autobiographies, their strategies….
and heed their advice.
Think of ways to optimize every situation in your life.
What we think about most of the time, is who we become.
Form or join a Master Mind group.
Set and monitor goals, especially in investment clubs.
Follow the Six-Step Formula faithfully AND watch what happens!
‘Life’s battles don’t always go to the stronger or faster man…
they go to the man who THINKS HE CAN…i think i can, i think i can.’
“Whatever the mind can conceive & believe, it can achieve.”
Forward by Bob Proctor
You can have the book ‘Think and Grow Rich’ bound in black leather.
Bring it with you everywhere or store it in your library.
Focus on what I could do and ways of how I could do things.
Develop my strengths, potential, capabilities and manage weaknesses.
Read a few lines of Think and Grow Rich everyday.
Read chapter on ‘Persistence’ every day for 30 days at least twice a year.
Other great books: ‘Atlas Shrugged’ and ‘Success Through a Positive Mental Attitude’.
Chapter 2 on Faith: Made Schwab a huge fortune in both money and opportunity.
The secret can be used for your personal benefit, to make a fortune or to create
harmony in your home.
Success comes to those who become Success Conscious. Does it not all start with the
Heart and the Mind? With Feeling & Belief… and there are others such as the 5 senses…
hearing, tasting, touch, smell…all these can be utilized by your imagination, children call it…
Pretend, I will pretend _______… Life is but a Dream.
Barnes had a definite chief aim, to work WITH Edison, not for him. “I have come to go into business with Edison”. Edison could see it in Barnes’s face, he was DETERMINED to get what he had come after. So I gave him the opportunity because I knew he would stay until he succeeded.
Edison was constantly intensifying his desire to become the business associate of Edison. Determined to remain ready until he got what he wanted.
Adopt a definite purpose & commit to it and persist until it becomes an all-consuming obsession, will mow down obstacles and bring you opportunity you desire. Opportunity may slip in the back door, often disguised as temporary defeat.
Barnes started selling the ediphone so successfully that Edison contracted him to market & distribute nationwide. Their business alliance was successful for 3 decades.
Three Feet From Gold
‘More gold has been mined from the mind of man than from the earth.’ Darby should have called a mining engineer (seek expert council) who was familiar with fault lines. They were only 3 feet away from where they QUIT drilling and missed out on Millions of dollars.
Darby later started selling life insurance. “I will never stop because people say ‘no’ when I ask them to buy insurance.” (stickability)
Before success will come much temporary defeat. Failure may try to trip you when success is almost within reach. Think of failure as a steppingstone to opportunity.
“My mama’s gotta have that 50 cents!”
The uncle came at her with a barrel stave. She took 1 step forward, looked into his eyes and screamed as loud as she could. Burning desire, courage, love, compassion, and belief.
Darby…“I’ve gotta make this sale.” I’ve made most sales after people have said NO. Keep on keeping on, the tough keep going. (learn this before you can succeed at anything)
ONE idea, plan or purpose is all you need to achieve success.
Like a hockey stick… “When RICHES begin to come, they come SO QUICKLY, IN SUCH GREAT ABUNDANCE, ONE WONDERS WHERE THEY HAVE BEEN ALL THOSE LEAN YEARS.”
Riches begin with a state of mind. I’m gonna do IT, no mater WHAT! For many people it’s a mind shift that takes place. Maybe they FEEL they have something to prove, to make a place for themselves or were inspired by financial pain.
Master the principles in this book and watch everything you touch turn into an asset for your benefit. “It’s possible. How can I?”
Are your thought habits of poverty, want, misery, failure and defeat?
Henry Ford Secret… “Stay on the job until you succeed, no matter how much time it takes.”
We are masters of our faith. Think positive, constructive thoughts of riches, not of poverty. The universe will light up the path. Magnetized Our minds with an INTENSE DESIRE FOR RICHES, “money conscious” which attracts to us similar people, resources, and circumstances of life.
These 500 wealthiest people began in poverty, little education and had little influence.
Later in the book will examine our virtues and our faults, to see what propel us toward success.
Your burning desire to be, do and have is the STARTING point for the dreamer to blast off. Dreams are born of decisiveness, hustle and ambition. Be a good go-giver.
Chapter 1: Desire – Raging inferno of fire in your whole being.
Study Famous people or study your mentor, your father, whomever it is you admire. The person that is top of his achievement, that has excelled in life may have or may not have had a choice at which it was they were best at.
Yes, they may have been good at several things or 1, 2 or 3 things that they really loved. But they are only one person. So… they had to make a choice. To go all in in the ONE THING that they LOVED the most.
What is your one thing? Only you can decide for you on what THAT is, and isn’t it GREAT that you are the one who has the choice?
What if someone told you, THIS is what you HAVE to DO for the next 20 years… OUCH!
If we were always child, then we would want everything on a whim and want it now. As we get older we choose by how it will affect us down the road.
Six Steps To Riches
- Fix in your mind the exact amount of money you desire
- Determine exactly what you intend to give in return for the money
- Date you when you intend to possess the money you desire
- Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire, begin at once
- Write out a clear statement i.e (could be a check, like Jim Carrie) in the amount of $150,000, for acting services rendered, date it, plan (this would be done on a separate piece of paper)
- Read your written statement aloud(or to yourself) twice daily (morning and evening) AS YOU READ SEE, FEEL & BELIEVE YOURSELF ALREADY IN POSSESSION OF THE MONEY. (smell, hear…. like a movie playing in our mind)
If your desire becomes an obsession, you will convince yourself that you will acquire it.
Now in future chapter we will explore faith. Not faith, like a wish… Yeah maybe we gotta hope before we believe. It sometimes is a stepping stone process. But true belief, like do you really believe it? Can move mountains, literally.
If you truly DESIRE something, you love it, then why not do it? Believe you can…hey you might not know the HOW. Forget the how for now. Take the first step, yes be brave. You might trip or stumble along the way, buy hey, it’s all good.
Your given a life, you know better than anyone WHAT makes your heart sing. What is it that you LOVE the MOST? Choose, have FAITH in yourself and your ability to DO IT.
Thomas Edison had 10,000 failures before his DREAM of an electric lamp became reality. How many times will you row your boat merrily down your dream stream?
Many inventors, such as Marconi dreamed of and discovered how to send messages through the air, without wires.
SPEND 12-14 HOURS every day to acquaint with your “other self” and use your IMAGINATION practicing, playing, writing, whatever it is that you DESIRE to do.
Disappointment over LOVE AFFAIRS can drive many to drink and destruction. Why not TRANSMUTE their EMOTION into DREAM of constructive nature?
No one has ever been defeated, until they accept defeat as their reality. If Helen Keller can do it, you can.
Wherever you are reach for a better feeling thought… Hope, Faith, Courage and Tolerance. All inspired-good will come to you, when you are truly READY for it, requires BELIEF with an open-mind, not a mere hope or wish.
Easy to Aim-High, demand abundance and prosperity…
“I bargained with Life for a PENNY,
And Life would give me no more,
Life will give you what you ask,
But once you set the wages,
You must bear the task,
Any wage I ask of Life,
Life will willingly pay.”
Hill made a decision that his child would HEAR and SPEAK… How? There must be a way and he knew that he would find it. There is guidance within and by listening, we shall hear it.
“Our only limitations are THOSE we believe in our own minds.”
Hill would find a way to TRANSPLANT into his child’s MIND so completely with Hill’s own BURNING DESIRE…
DESIRE backed by FAITH, knows not the word ‘Impossible’. Think rather, that it’s ‘Possible’.
If your child enjoys bed-time stories, create stories that develop in him self-reliance, imagination and a keen desire to hear, talk and live normally. Tell story designed to plant in his mind that his disability/adversity would become an asset of great value/distinct advantage that he can capitalize on.
Hill communicated that desire to him in every conceivable way available persistently for years.
When Hill’s son was about 7 years old, he borrowed 6 cents from a local shoemaker. Invested it in papers, sold out, reinvested and kept repeating the process until late in the evening.
After balancing his account and paying back 6 cents to the banker, he had profit of 42 cents. Hill effort to plant in the child’s mind an attitude of faith in himself, had paid off.
Hill’s child was becoming a self-reliant little businessman by planning a way to earn money. He took the ‘bull by the horns’ on his own initiative, like a resourceful leader and had won.
Use challenges as stepping stones to climb toward some worthy goal or vision. Don’t use as excuses.
Blaire, Hill’s son was eventually able to hear through a hearing aide, but had yet to convert his disability into an equivalent asset.
Blaire then wrote an enthusiastic letter to the manufacturer of the hearing device, describing his experience. Next he had an idea to help millions of deaf people, to tell them the story of his changed life.
He made a DECISION to devote the rest of his life to rendering useful service to the hard of hearing.
For a whole month he researched manufacturer’s marketing system. He came up with ways to communicate to the hearing impaired his story of his ‘newly discovered’ changed world.
He put in writing a two-year plan and presented it to the manufacturer, who instantly hired him. Blair gave hope and relief to thousands of hearing impaired people.
Before taking on a commitment, analyze your time. Is it being entirely wasted?
What is your defined DESIRE? Our goals we name and seek… must be something definite.
The POWER of an All-Consuming Desire backed by Faith has turned rags to riches.
The genius within deserves an opportunity. Recognize it’s possible and that we MUST win.
Hill had a friend who was ill and the doctor said he probably wouldn’t make it. Hill’s friend told him, “Do not be disturbed Chief, I will be out of here in a few days.” Nothing but his desire to live, saved him. He REFUSED to ACCEPT the possibility of death.
What is your INTENSE BURNING DESIRE for SOMETHING definite? This is where achievement begin. This is also where a mother can lift a car off the neck of her daughter, as my grandma did when she was a mother she lifted a station wagon off here daughter… if the desire is strong enough, belief does not have to be strong. She had to lift the tire off her daughters neck to save her!
The opposite is also true, if Belief is strong, desire need not be a lot. So here to fore, we have two powerful principles.
Faith is a way to channel Desire steadily toward what we want. We MUST do it. We must Win.
Chapter 2: Faith – Visualization and Belief in attainment of Desire.
‘O ye, of little faith’ …Why do you doubt, what are you afraid of?
Faith, Love(spiritual) and Sex(biological) are most powerful positive emotions of any adult. I urge you to disagree? When THEY are blended… IT is POWERFUL.
Faith is a ‘State of Mind’ that may be induced by repetition or affirmation of orders. Purpose is to convince your subconscious mind to believe you WILL receive THAT for which you ask.
ALL THOUGHTS which have been EMOTIONALIZED (magnetized with feeling) and MIXED WITH FAITH begin immediately to materialize. This applies to both positive and negative i.e good luck, bad luck.
If you believe yourself doomed to poverty and failure, guess what… you are broke and failing.
You may deceive your mind by conducting yourself just as you would if you were ALREADY IN POSSESSION OF THE ‘THING’ OF WHICH YOU ARE DEMANDING.
Give your mind an order in a state of belief or faith, and that order will be carried out.
Positive emotions and positive state of mind is a favorable abode for FAITH.
If you have FAITH that you CAN do something, you most certainly will do it.
FAITH is the only antidote for failure.
FAITH when mixed with prayer, gives one direct communication with infinite intelligence.
You want to EMIT vibrations of prosperity, health, success and happiness. The human mind is constantly attracting vibrations that harmonize with that which DOMINATES the mind.
Self Confidence Formula
“I have the ability to achieve the object of my definite purpose. I demand of myself persistent and continuous action toward it’s attainment.
I realize that through repeated affirmations my dominating thoughts and desires will turn into action and gradually become reality. I will create a clear mental picture for 15 minutes daily of the person I am becoming.
I have written down a clear description of my Definite Chief Aim and I will never stop until I have developed sufficient self-confidence for it’s attainment.
I realize that wealth nor position can last unless build on TRUTH and JUSTICE. I will engage in transactions that benefit all and that harm none whom it affects. I will attract the cooperation of others by my willingness to serve them. I will develop love for all of humanity. I will believe in others and in myself.
I will sign my name to this formula, commit it to memory and repeat it aloud once per day. I will become self-reliant and successful person.”
Thoughts of FEAR, DOUBT and DISBELIEF can materialize just as easy as thoughts driven by COURAGE or FAITH. Let your thoughts be of PEACE and PROSPERITY.
“Success begins with a state of mind, a positive mental attitude or mood. You’ve got to think highly of yourself to rise. You’ve got to be sure of yourself before you can win the prize. The Man who wins, is the MAN WHO THINKS HE CAN!”
Does there lie within you a genius, a seed of achievement, which if aroused would carry you onto heights you may never have hoped to obtain?
Abraham Lincoln was a failure at pretty much everything he tried until he was well past the age of 40. He was a Mr. Nobody from Nowhere until a great experience came into his life and aroused the sleeping genius within his heart and mind and gave the world one of its truly great men.
That experience was mixed with sorrow and Love, his wife Anne Rutledge, the only woman he ever truly loved. Don’t underestimate the influence of a spouse’s love.
Miracles are nothing more nor less than FAITH.
Hold FAITHFULNESS and sincerity and be moving continually to what is right.
Power is the ability to transplant FAITH into the minds of many.
Business and leaders rely on FAITH, cooperation, happiness and contentment. Helpers must earn the right to profit sharing.
You want to accumulate a great fortune? Try giving before you get. Utilize your IMAGINATION. Apply and follow through on your PLAN with PERSISTENCE and back it with a firm DECISION until it has been fully carried out. Have a burning DESIRE for Success.
Persuading Carnegie To Sell
Pour out glittering promises of retirement in comfort, of untold millions to satisfy the old man’s social caprices. Carnegie wrote $400,000,000 on a piece of paper and said “All right, that’s what we’ll sell for.” Schwab’s IDEA and FAITH of all parties involved, marketed United States Steel into $600,000,000. Not too bad for a single IDEA!
Faith removes limitations and can be created by AUTO-SUGGESTION.
Chapter 3: AUTOSUGGESTION
…Influencing the Mind
AUTOSUGGESTION is self-suggestion and self administered stimuli via the 5 senses.
The only other thought that can reach the subconscious mind, be it negative or positive, is through inspiration, the 6th sense.
All sense perceptions that are received through the 5 senses may be passed on to the subconscious or rejected at will. Most people to not exercise their CONTROL and most go through life in poverty.
Like a in a garden, weeds will overtake it unless seeds of desirable crops are sown. Be creative, not destructive.
Your subconscious recognizes and acts only upon thoughts and words that have been mixed with emotion/feeling and belief/FAITH.
Overtime you will learn to control and direct your emotions. To influence and program your subconscious mind, everlasting PERSISTENCE in applying the principles is required.
Concentrate on your DESIRE until it becomes a BURNING OBSESSION.
Hold your thoughts on $150,000 until you can ACTUALLY SEE the physical appearance of the money. Do this once each day.
Utilize FAITH by actually see yourself IN POSSESSION OF THE MONEY. See yourself rendering service or delivering merchandise you intend to give in return for the money.
Repetition of orders to the subconscious mind is key. You must have that money, let your imagination do its thing. DEMAND and EXPECT that plans will be handed over to you for its accumulation.
As thoughts, plans, ideas come to you, put them into ACTION. Act upon it as soon as you receive it.
Summary of Instructions: Give orders to your subconscious mind…
1. Go to a quiet place with your eyes closed, repeat aloud the written statement of the amount of money you intend to accumulate, the time limit, and for DRYWALL & PAINTING SERVICES rendered.
As you do this, SEE YOURSELF ALREADY IN POSSESSION OF THE MONEY.
Example: “By the December 31st, 2023, I will have in my possession $150,000, which will come to me in various amounts. In return I will give the most efficient selling of service possible. Rendering fullest Quantity and best Quality.
“I can now see this money before my eyes. I can touch it with my hands. It is now awaiting transfer to me as I deliver the service for it. I am awaiting a plan by which to accumulate this money, and will follow the plan once received.”
2. Repeat this night and morning until you can clearly visualize (in your imagination) the money you intend to accumulate.
3. Place written copy where you can see it night and morning, read it night and morning until memorized.
“I am the Master of my Fate, I am the Captain of my Soul.”…apply Principles with PERSISTENCE.
ONE WHO REFUSES TO COMPROMISE WITH CIRCUMSTANCES HE DON’T LIKE IS GREAT ASSET.
Chapter 4. Specialized Knowledge
Personal Experiences and Observations
Organization and using intelligently directing knowledge for the accumulation of money.
Plentiful and cheap form of service.
How to purchase knowledge for your major purpose
- Your own experience and education
- Cooperation of your Master Mind Alliance
- Colleges and universities
- Public libraries
- Special training courses through night schools, correspondence schools & home study courses
Specialists Most Sought
Business – accounting and statistics, engineers, journalists, architects, chemists, outstanding leaders.
Graduate who has good activity record on campus, personality who gets along with many kinds of people, and who has done an adequate job with studies has an edge over strictly academic student.
Some companies look for exceptional progress in management work. They emphasize qualities of character, in intelligence and personality.
Study programs are flexible and therefore can be done in your spare time, during work breaks or during travel.
Hill took a home study course in advertising.
Those that study Self-improvement and take action can gain the friendly interests of those who have the power to put them in the way of OPPORTUNITY.
If your business isn’t bringing in enough money to provide for you and your family consider going broader. i.e Law or Bookkeeping (office on wheels).
You may want to carefully select highly specialized courses in colleges best prepared to teach the subjects chosen… you may finish school in half the time it takes most.
If you need to market your service, consider hiring someone who can design i.e clever at hand lettering, put the story together, prepare an attractive portfolio describing advantages of your new business. They could print the pages neatly and paste in an organized scrapbook (silent salesman).
Be sure to reach out to all your competitors to gather vital information from them concerning their business methods. This should provide several suggestions for the use and benefit of new business.
The above paragraph can help you fix your own price, level up so you seem to know what you’re talking about and perhaps shed 5 to 10 years if you hadn’t done your research.
Form a habit of observing how others get ahead, of seeing OPPORTUNITY and seizing it without hesitation.
Set high goals and have your helpers set high goals also. Having a target gives people something to strive for.
Another job that is easy to get if you need money is selling on a commission basis. Once you get your foot in the door and start selling you can aim for assistant sales manager of the company and then climb your way up from there.
“All the world loves a winner and has no time for a loser.” – Use this inspiration to be a go getter.
Don’t accept and keep a job you don’t want. Utilize your desire to excel.
Use your imagination to combine specialized knowledge and IDEAS in form of organized plans designed to yield riches.
The only limitations are the ones you set up in your own mind.
Chapter 5: Imagination “The Workshop where anything can be created”
Synthetic Imagination – one can arrange old concepts, ideas or plans into new combinations.
Creative Imagination – inspirations, new ideas from SOURCE or other’s consciousness. Can be aroused by intensity ($5,000 on the line) or strong desire (to win).
Desire was used to create this Earth and everything in it. From the cells in your body to the vast universe beyond, you are just tapping into the same stuff.
The Enchanted Kettle
Coca cola – the secret formula. (IDEA that was purchased) Then mixed with IMAGINATION.
Your investment has overflown with gold that has surpassed the miraculous performance of Aladdin’s lamp.
Depression proof, wen factories, banks and businesses fold up….people keep on drinking this Thirst-quencher.
What would I do If I had a Million Dollars
Notice many DEFECTS in our EDUCATIONAL system. Better to be taught to learn by DOING.
Where is one to lay their hands on a Million Dollars? Ponder on this until it becomes an obsession.
It’s a lot of money. The only limitation is that which one sets up in one’s own mind. Make it happen!
Sit in your room and THINK of ways and means of raising the money to carry out your plans. There will come a time for action.
Make up your mind, then and there, that you WILL get the necessary million dollars within a WEEK. How? Don’t be concerned about that.
What’s important is the DECISION to get the money within a specified time. A strange feeling of assurance will come over you.
“Why didn’t you reach that decision a long time ago? The money was waiting for you all the time!”
Call the NEWSPAPERS and announce I will PREACH A SERMON the following morning entitled, ‘What I Would Do If I Had a Million Dollars.’
Go to work on the SERMON immediately. This should not be difficult if you have been preparing the sermon for 2 years. The spirit back of it will be a part of you!
Long before midnight you will have finished writing the sermon. Go to bed with a feeling of confidence, for you can see yourself in possession of the million dollars.
Kneel on your knees and ASK that your sermon might come to the attention of someone who will supply the needed money. Again you will have the feeling of assurance that the money will be forthcoming.
Rely on your own subconscious to yield the material when giving the SERMON. Close your eyes and speak with all your heart and soul of your dreams.
Not only talk to your audience, but imagine you talk also to Source, God or Higher Power.
Tell what you would do with a million dollars if that amount were placed in your hands. Describe the plan you have in mind for ORGANIZING a great EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION where young people would learn to do practical things and at same time develop their minds.
They LIKE your sermon. They BELIEVE you can do everything you said you would if you had a million dollars. They WILL give you MONEY. You will FOUND the INSTITUTE. (your the founder)
That’s more money than most people ever see in an entire lifetime, yet the thought impulse back of the money was created in his mind in a fraction of a minute. IDEA + DESIRE that he nursed for almost two years.
He got the money within 36 hours after he reached a DEFINITE DECISION TO GET IT – and DECIDED UPON A DEFINITE PLAN FOR GETTING IT!
Source seems to throw itself on the side of THOSE who know exactly what they want, if they are determined to get IT.
IDEAS can be transmuted into CA$H through the power of DEFINITE PURPOSE plus DEFINITE PLANS.
Riches come in response to definite demands, based upon the application of principles.
All master salespeople know that ideas can be sold where merchandise cannot.
People buy TITLES, not contents of books. Sales on a book can jump up a million copies. Put on a new cover with a title that has “box office” value.
Creators of IDEAS make their own price and if they’re smart, GET IT.
Many can’t create an idea, but have the imagination to recognize ideas when they see them.
Carnegie surrounded himself with people who could do all that he could not – people who created ideas, who put ideas into operation and who sell ideas. He made himself and others rich.
Favorable breaks or opportunities may need several years of determined effort to become an asset.
Understand thyself, strengths and desires.
It’s so GOOD, do you want it BAD enough. Desire to obtain the GOAL. This can be no ordinary DESIRE. It will have to survive disappointment, temporary defeat. It must be a BURNING DESIRE.
When IDEA is first planted in your mind, it must be coaxed, nursed and enticed to remain alive. Gradually the idea will become a GIANT, then it will coax, nurse and drive YOU and sweep aside all opposition.
“Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.” – Christianity
Riches come in huge quantities in response to DEFINITE DEMANDS of these principles.
Chapter 6 Organized Planning | The Crystallization of Desire into Action
(a) Ally yourself with a group of as many people as you may need to create and carry out your plan(s) for accumulation of money.
(b) Before forming your Master Mind Alliance, decide what advantages, and benefits you may offer the members of your group in return for their cooperation.
(c) Arrange to meet with the members at least twice a week or more, until you have jointly created the necessary plan(s) for the accumulation of money. Or if you create the plans, make sure they are checked and approved by the members of YOUR MASTERMIND ALLIANCE.
(d) Maintain PERFECT HARMONY & COOPERATION between yourself and every member.
- You need faultless plans, system
- You must have advantage of experience, education, native ability and imagination of other minds
Review your plans often, if you find it not working or you meet with temporary defeat, replace it with a new plan that works. Adopt and follow that plan that proves to be sound, the right plan. Keep your eye on the goal and don’t stop until your goal has been reached.
A QUITTER NEVER WINS – AND A WINNER NEVER QUITS.
Select members who do not take defeat seriously.
Planting the seed of DESIRE, transmuted into it’s monetary equivalent, through these PRINCIPLES, is the agency through which money is made. Who said money don’t grow on trees?
Money can “hear” when a person who DESIRES it, calls it to come.
Planning the Sale of Services
The remainder of this chapter is about Marketing for:
- Personal services or ideas (what else would one have to give in return for riches)
- Those aspiring to leadership in their chosen occupation. Decide if you wanna be a leader or follower (make less than leaders). If you wanna be a leader, get out there and LEAD. To become an efficient leader, you may want to start as an intelligent follower acquiring knowledge from leader.
The 11 Major Factors of Leadership
1. UNWAVERING COURAGE based on knowledge of self and one’s occupation. Self-confidence is Alpha.
2. SELF-CONTROL, lack this and you can never control others or expect them to control themselves. Monkey see, monkey do…especially the more intelligent monkeys.
3. JUSTICE and fairness will command and retain the respect of your followers.
4. DEFINITENESS OF DECISION. Do not waiver or risk showing that you are not sure of yourself if you want to lead successfully.
5. DEFINITENESS OF PLANS. Plan your work and work our plan. Don’t guess or risk crashing.
6. HABIT OF DOING MORE THAN PAID FOR. Do more than you require of your followers.
7. PLEASING PERSONALITY. No slovenly, careless person can become a successful leader. Study all the factors of a pleasing personality.
8. SYMPATHY AND UNDERSTANDING. You must be in sympathy with your followers. Understand them and their problems. This in return will gain you their consent and sympathy.
9. MASTERY OF DETAIL of the leader’s position.
10. WILLINGNESS TO ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY for the mistakes and shortcomings of their followers. Leader must consider that it is they themselves who failed.
11. COOPERATION. Cooperative effort and to induce their followers to do the same. More like a partnership.
The 10 Major Causes of Failure in Leadership
It’s essential to know WHAT NOT TO DO, in order to know what TO DO.
- INABILITY TO ORGANIZE AND MASTER DETAILS. Genuine leaders are never too busy to do anything as a leader. Must be able to change your plans and give attention to any emergency. Be efficient and delegate details to capable lieutenants.
- UNWILLINGNESS TO RENDER HUMBLE SERVICE. When the occasion demands, be willing to perform any labor which you would ask helper to perform. “The greatest among ye shall be the servant of all”
- EXPECTATION OF PAY FOR WHAT THEY KNOW. It’s for what you Do or induce others to Do with what you know.
- FEAR OF COMPETITION FROM FOLLOWERS. Only by cloning yourself can you multiply your efforts. Through knowledge of your job and magnetism of your personality, greatly increase the efficiency of others and induce them to render more service and better service.
- LACK OF IMAGINATION. Imagination helps with meeting emergencies and of creating plans y which to guide their followers efficiently.
- SELFISHNESS. Claim little to none of the honors. Give honorable mention to your followers. They will work harder for commendation and recognition than money alone.
- INTEMPERANCE destroys the endurance and vitality of those who indulge in it.
- DISLOYALTY kills trust and is sure to bring contempt.
- OVEREMPHASIS ON THE AUTHORITY OF LEADERSHIP. Better to lead by encouraging and not by instilling fear in their hearts. Advertise by your conduct, sympathy, understanding, fairness and a demonstration that you know your job.
- OVEREMPHASIS ON TITLE. My ‘office’ door is always open to all who wish to enter & feel free to be at ease and be yourself
Some Areas of Opportunity for New Leadership
Politics, banking, industry, business, religion, law, medicine, education(more with practice and less with theory), journalism, newspapers(avoid scandal and lewd pics)
Media through Which Services May Be Marketed
Bringing the buyer and seller of personal services together…
Employment agencies(must have records of achievement), Advertising, Personal Letters of Application, Application Through Personal Acquaintances, Application in Person
It is not the lawyer who knows the most law, it is the lawyer who prepares the best case who wins.
QQS – quality, quantity and spirit of cooperation = perfect salesmanship. (amount of pay & duration)
Quality – performance of every detail with your position in the most efficient manner possible.
Quantity – rendering all the amount of service of which you are capable of at all times
Spirit – agreeable and harmonious conduct which will induce cooperation from associates and fellow employees.
The 30 Major Causes of Failure
- Unfavorable Heredity – deficiency of brain power. Perhaps you could set up a smart phone or similar device with apps or reminders of their thinking for them. Like a check list and alarms.
- Lack of a Well-Defined Purpose in life. A bull’s eye or target is needed for aim. 98 out of 100 people have no such aim. Now maybe money is your aim or maybe it’s doing something you love… Maybe you can have both.
- Lack of Ambition…the desire to get ahead in life and be willing to pay the price, pay your dues.
- Insufficient Education – Knowledge effectively and persistently applied, self-made millionaire. It’s what you do with what you know.
- Lack of Self-Discipline. Self-control of all negative qualities. Before you can control conditions, you must control yourself. Conquer self or be conquered by self. Look in the mirror, you will see your best friend, you’re greatest asset and your worst enemy and greatest liability.
- Ill Health – (a) over eating of non-nutritious or non-whole foods(if you look at it, you should be able to tell what’s in it) i.e hotdog (b) incorrect or negative thinking habits (c) wrong use of and overindulgence in sex (d) inadequate physical exercise (e) inadequate supply of fresh air (improper breathing)
- Unfavorable Environmental Influences During Childhood. Bad habits or criminal tendencies can be from improper associates at early age.
- Procrastination – Start NOW and work with the tools you have. Better tools will be found along the way.
- Lack of Persistence – be a good finisher. Get knocked down, get up again. PERSISTENCE will get you there.
- Negative Personality – how do you attract bees? With honey, not vinegar…one attracts, the other repels. Be positive and care, attract people. Mentor them through your example and experience. You will gain their cooperation.
- Lack of Controlled Sexual Urge. This most powerful emotion and most likely to move you into action. It must be controlled and transmuted into other channels.
- Uncontrolled Desire of Something For Nothing – gambling.
- Lack of a Well-Defined Power of Decision. Unless this is a MAJOR DECISION and you need to gather more data… you should be able to rather quickly decide quickly. And even Hill decided quickly when he was presented a GOOD opportunity to write this book. Indecision can hogtie you to the treadmill of failure.
- One of the SIX BASIC FEARS – Master these before marketing your services effectively.
- Wrong Selection of Mate In Marriage. Unless this relationship is harmonious, loss of ambition and failure is likely.
- Over-Caution. Take a chance before someone else scoops up the opportunity. Over-caution is as bad as under-cation or over-confidence…. you want to be cautious and confident.
- Wrong Selection of Associates. Look for inspiration, intelligence and successful people. Pick someone who is worth emulating.
- Superstition and Prejudice. Fear and ignorance or lack of common sense. Keep an an open mind and be afraid of nothing.
- Wrong Selection of Vocation. Choose something you love with all your being. Something you love like NO OTHER.
- Lack of Concentration of Effort. “Jack of all trades and master of NONE“. What is you DEFINITE CHIEF AIM?
- INDISCRIMINATE SPENDING. Stand eternally in the FEAR of poverty or put aside 15% to 20 % of your monthly income or at least 5%. Money in the bank gives you COURAGE. Without one must take what one is offered and be glad to get it.
- Lack of Enthusiasm. Without you cannot be convincing. Moreover enthusiasm is contagious, and if you have it under control, is welcomed by all.
- Intolerance. If you have a closed mind, it means you have stopped acquiring knowledge. Most damaging are those connected with religious, racial and political differences of opinion.
- Intemperance. Most damaging are connected with eating, strong drink, drugs and sexual activities. Moderation is key. Overindulgence in any of these is fatal.
- Inability to Cooperate with Others. More people lose big opportunities in life for this than all other reasons combined. No one will tolerate this fault.
- Silver Spoon. I.e Inheritance. Quick riches are more dangerous than poverty.
- Intentional Dishonest. One may be temporarily dishonest, but keep it up and lose reputation and perhaps loss of liberty.
- Egotism and Vanity. These are red lights that keep others away. They are fatal to success.
- Guessing instead of Thinking. Don’t be too lazy to acquire facts or else lose your ability to think accurately. Some people prefer to act on OPINION created by guesswork or snap-judgements.
- Lack of Capital. You need sufficient reserves of capital to absorb the shock of mistakes and carry you over until have established reputation.
- Be safe, be legal… if you don’t do this…you could find yourself in a world of hurt. Surround yourself and spend time with FAMILY & FRIENDS. Good people who can give you good feedback and advice. They got your back.
In that list is Tragedy of Life …People who Try and Fail… it would be helpful for you to have a friend to go over the list and help analyze yourself for the 30 causes of failure. Know your weaknesses as well as your strengths. Bridge your weakness or eliminate them entirely.
Be sure you are WORTH MORE THAN YOU NOW RECEIVE. Your VALUE is entirely by your ability to render useful service or your capacity to induce others to render such service.
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION
Self-Analysis should show a decrease in faults and and increase in virtues. Focus on improvements.
1. Have I attained the goal which I establishes as my objective for this year? Yearly objective to be obtained as part of your major or one of your major life’s objectives. Arnold did body building, acting, politics.
2. Have I delivered service of the best possible QUALITY of which i was capable, or could I have improved? i.e mini-vacuum for clean up
3. Have I delivered in greatest possible QUANTITY…i.e More marketing and load up schedule
4. Has spirit of my conduct been harmonious and cooperative at ALL times?
5. Have I allowed Procrastination to decrease my efficiency, and if so, to what extent?
6. Have I improved my PERSONALITY, and in what ways?
7. Have I been persistent in following through my plans to completion?
8. Have I reached decisions promptly and definitely?
9. Have I permitted any of the Six Basic Fears to decrease my efficiency?
10. Have i been CAUTIOUS…. or over-cautious, under-cautious?
11. Have my relationships been pleasant or unpleasant? Is any fault mine?
12. Have I dissipated any my energy through lack of CONCENTRATION of effort?
13. Have I been open-minded and tolerant in connection with all subjects?
14. In what way have I improved my ability to render service?
15. Have I been intemperate in any of my habits?
16. Have I expressed openly or secretly any form of EGOTISM?
17. Has my conduct toward my associates been…such that it has induced them to RESPECT me?
18. Have my opinions and DECISIONS been based upon guesswork or accuracy of analysis and thought?
19. Have I budgeted my time, expenses and income…and have I been conservative?
20. How much time have I wasted on UNPROFITABLE which i may have used to better advantage? Take breaks and reward yourself for sweat equity.
21. How may I change my habits so I will be more efficient during the coming year? When is a good time to schedule __________ in?
22. Have I done anything that my grandma/grandpa would not approve of? Be safe, legal.
23. In what ways have I rendered MORE SERVICE AND BETTER SERVICE than I was paid for? Cover and clean.
24. Have I been unfair to anyone, and if so, in what way?
25. If I had purchased my own service, would I have been satisfied, surprised with my purchase?
26. Am I in the right vocation? and if not, why not
27. Has the customer been satisfied with my service?(survey) And if not, why not?
28. What’s my rating on the fundamentals of success? Make rating fair and frank and have it checked by someone who is honest enough to do it accurately.
These questions will be particularly helpful to those marketing their services as business or industrial owners/executives.
Miracle That Has Provided Blessings
Organized Capitalism. Scientists, Educators(online), chemists, inventors, business analysts, advertisers, transportation experts, accountants, lawyers, doctors, any who have highly specialized knowledge in all fields of industry and business.
They supply entire fabric of which all education, enlightenment and human progress consists.
Be a good go-giver, put forth the effort and collect riches in proportion to the value of the service rendered. Select hunting ground where game (financial) is abundant.
In America people spend billion$ a year on: hair, nail and skin care; newspapers; books; sound recordings; motion pictures; fast food; bar and tavern tabs; toys; lawn and gardens; sporting goods; furniture & home furnishings; clothing & accessories; laundry and dry cleaning; appliance & electronics; bury their dead. Talk about opportunity to create riches, personal services abound.
If one has superior talent, training, experience and HUSTLE…”I outwork you or die.”
The Power that Creates Worlds seems to deliver to those who know exactly what they want and if they are determined to get JUST THAT!
Chapter 7: DECISION | Mastery of procrastination
One of Henry Ford’s most outstanding qualities was his habit of reaching decisions quickly and definitely, and changing them slowly. His firmness of decision and courage yielded him a fortune.
Poor people are easily influenced by others’ opinions, newspapers, gossiping. You must have a DESIRE of your own.
Quietly acquire facts or information from others to enable you to reach a decision, without disclosing your purpose.
You have two ears and one mouth for a reason. Wise and modest people listen for opportunities and accumulate useful knowledge.
If you talk about your PLANS, people will delight in defeating you because they envy you.
“Tell the world what you intend to do, but FIRST SHOW IT.”
“If two of you agree upon the earth concerning anything for which you ask, it will come to you.”
“I trust I have long since made my peace with the King. No personal consideration shall induce me to abandon the righteous cause of my Country. No longer insult the feelings of an exasperated people.”
Be immune to fear, blind to the possibility of failure.
The Universe will make room for those who show that they know where they are going.
DECIDE to PLAN a DEFINITE POSITION and know how to choose a business or employer. And make life pay the price you ask.
Financial independence, riches and desirable business are within reach of the person who EXPECT, PLAN and DEMAND these things.
The person who desires riches in the same spirit that Samuel Adams desired freedom for the Colonies – is sure to accumulate wealth.
Te principles in this book will work, when you DECIDE to organize them into a plan of action and pursue that plan with PERSISTENCE, the Eighth Step to Riches.
EVERY FAILURE BRINGS WITH IT THE SEED OF AN EQUIVALENT SUCCESS.
Chapter 8: Persistence | Concentration of Sustained Effort In The Face of All Odds and Adversity
Ford was generally misunderstood as being ruthless and cold-blooded because he followed through in all of his plans with PERSISTENCE.
Do you give up or do you carry on DESPITE all opposition until you attain your goal?
Fight on in the face of discouragement and misfortune.
Have the courage to Keep on Keeping on.
Some Factors of Persistence
SELF-RELIANCE. Belief in one’s ability to carry out a plan and to be able to accomplish the goal encourages one to follow through.
COOPERATION. Sympathy, understanding and harmonious cooperation with others.
WILL POWER. Habit of concentrating one’s thoughts on the building of plans for the attainment of a definite purpose.
HABIT. The mind absorbs and becomes part of the daily experiences. Fear can be cured by forced repetition of acts of courage.
The 16 Symptoms of the Lack of Persistence
- Failure to recognize and clearly define exactly what one WANTS.
- Procrastination, usually backed up with alibis and excuses.
- Lack of interest in acquiring specialized knowledge.
- Indecision, habit of passing the buck instead of facing issues squarely.
- Not creating definite plans for the solutions of problems.
- Self-satisfaction. There is little remedy and even less hope for this.
- Indifference, ready to compromise rather than meet opposition and fight it.
- Blaming others for one’s mistakes and accepting unfavorable circumstances as being unavoidable.
- WEAKNESS OF DESIRE, neglect in the choice of motives, the WHY’s that impel action.
- Willingness to QUIT at the first sign of defeat.
- Lack of Organized Plans, placed in writing where they may be analyzed.
- Habit of neglecting to move on ideas or to grasp the opportunity when it presents itself.
- WISING instead of WILLING.
- Compromising with poverty instead of aiming at riches. General absence of ambition to be, do or have.
- Searching for shortcuts to riches, trying to GET without GIVING. Endeavoring to drive “sharp” bargains.
- Fear of CRITICISM, which leads to failure to create plans. Who cares what “They” think, do or say? Correct the mistake. If you fail, what’s the worst that can happen?
When your desire to succeed is stronger than any fear, you will win.
Most ideas need definite plans of immediate action injected into them.
What do you WANT MOST in life? Define it.
How To Develop Persistence
- A Definite Purpose backed by Burning Desire for it’s fulfillment.
- A Definite Plan, expressed in continuous action.
- A Mind closed tightly against all negative and discouraging influences and suggestions.
- A Friendly Alliance with one or more persons who encourage one to follow through with both plan and purpose.
Read the Biography of Mohammed by Essad Bey.
Chapter 9: Power of the Master Mind
Organized knowledge and effort.
3 Major Sources of Knowledge
- Infinite Intelligence. Contact this source through your imagination.
- Accumulated Experience. Libraries and colleges.
- Experiment and Research. Science and practically all walks of life, people are gathering, classifying, and organizing new facts daily.
If your plans are comprehensive and require vast sums of information, you must generally induce others to cooperate with you in a spirit of perfect harmony.
Use discrimination in the selection of your Master Mind.
When two or more minds come together, they create something like a third mind.
Ford’s most rapid strides where when he became a personal friend of Thomas Edison. His most outstanding achievements when he formed acquaintance of Harvey Firestone, John Burroughs and Luther Burbank… a friendly alliance of minds.
Mahatma Gandhi attained his power through inducing 200 million people to cooperate with mind, body and a spirit of harmony for a definite purpose.
Money is shy, timid and elusive and must be wooed and won by methods similar to a lover in pursuit of their beloved. Riches have to be attracted and retained via your Master Mind.
When “the big money” comes, it comes as easily as water flows downhill.
The stream of life is your Positive Emotional THINKING PROCESS which carries one to fortune. You are in control, let go of fear and negativity and go with the flow.
Chapter 10: The Mystery Of Sex Transmutation
Transmutation. “The changing, or transferring of one form of energy into another.”
The emotion of sex brings into being a state of mind.
Genius are usually people who have highly developed sexual natures and who have learned the art of sex transmutation. Also they were motivated by the influence of romantic love for another person.
They have learned how to increase mental intensity and concentration to the point where they can freely communicate with sources of knowledge not ordinarily available and they gain broad view.
When a bull is castrated it takes all the FIGHT out of him. Sex alteration of a female has the same quieting effect.
The 10 Mind Stimuli
The mind responds to stimuli where it may be “keyed up” into high rates of vibration that increase the freedom, intensity and concentration of thought, AKA enthusiasm, Creative Imagination, intense desire, etc. And thus, “start the wheels” of physical action(efficient). Also known as force behind personal magnetism, “Macho Man”.
- The desire for sexual expression
- A burning desire for fame, power, or financial gain — MONEY
- Close friendship with a male or female (same or opposite sex)
- A Master Mind Alliance with people who ally themselves for spiritual or worldly advancement
- Mutual suffering, such as experienced by people who are persecuted
- Drugs, Alcohol
A great orator closes his eyes right before he climaxes. Why? “I do it because then I speak through ideas which come to me from within.”
One of America’s successful financiers closes his eyes for two to three minutes before making a decision. Why? “With my eyes closed, I am able to draw upon a source of superior intelligence.”
Dr. Gates created more than 200 useful patents. In his laboratory he had a “personal communication room.” It was practically soundproof and so arranged that all light could be shut out. It had a small table with a pad of writing paper.
When he wanted to draw upon the forces available to him, he would seat himself at the table, lower the lights, and CONCENTRATE upon the KNOWN factors of the invention of which he was working, until ideas began to flash into his mind of the UNKNOWN factors of the invention.
On one occasion, ideas came so fast that he wrote continuously for almost 3 hours. His notes contained a description of principles which had no parallel among known scientific data. Moreover, the answer to his problem was presented.
Dr. Gates earned his living by “sitting for ideas” for individuals and corporations.
- Stimulate their mind
- Concentrate upon know factors(finished part) of their invention and create in their mind a perfect picture of unknown factors(unfinished part) of their invention. They hold this picture in mind until it has been taken over by the subconscious mind. Then they relax by clearing their mind of all thought and wait for their answer to flash into their mind.
Sometimes the results are definite and immediate. Other times not, depending on the state of development of their Sixth Sense, or creative faculty.
Lincoln began to use his Creative Imagination as a result of the stimulation of love which he experienced after he met Anne Rutledge.
Napoleon Bonaparte was inspired by his wife Josephine, he was irresistible and invincible. When his reasoning prompted to put Josephine aside, he began to decline.
Many great achievers have fallen to destruction AFTER money and power went to their heads and they cast aside their original loves for someone new. Sex influence from the right source is powerful.
Of the greatest stimuli is sexual urge. When harnessed and transmuted, this driving force is capable of lifting one into higher sphere of thought which enables them to master the source of worry and petty annoyance.
People with Highly Sexual Nature:
George Washington, Napoleon Bonaparte, William Shakespeare, Abraham Lincoln, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Robert Burns, Thomas Jefferson, Elbert Hubbard, Elbert H. Gary, Oscar Wilde, Woodrow Wilson, John H. Patterson, Andrew Jackson, Enrico Caruso
Great leaders, builders, artists, drywallers, musicians, all have sexual, creative energy that fuel their genius.
The energy must be transmuted from desire for physical contact, into some other form of desire and action before it will lift one to status of genius.
Who Most People Seldom Succeed before 40
The Majority do not succeed before the age of 40 to 50 because of their tendency to DISSIPATE their energies through overindulgence in the physical expression of the emotion of sex.
Most people don’t know that sexual urge has other possibilities that far transcend the mere physical, when sexual energy is at it’s height, prior to the age of 45 to 50. Usually followed by noteworthy achievement. (Why waste the youth on the young?)
Salesman may communicate to others through Personal Magnetism:
- The handshake. The touch of the hand indicates instantly Magnetism or lack of it
- Tone of voice. Sex energy is behind colored or musical and charming
- Posture & carriage of body. Move briskly, with grace and ease.
- Vibrations of thought. Mix the emotions of sex AT WILL with your thoughts, thus influence those around you.
- Body adornment. Careful of your personal appearance. Select clothing of a style becoming of your personality, physique, complexion, etc. Men be “Macho Man”.
Master Salespeople take their mind off ‘sex’ and direct that energy into sales effort, with same enthusiasm and determination.
Great achievements were largely inspired by someone they loved deeply. Many times by beloved who was modest, self-denying spouse of whom is not hear of.
You cannot avail yourself of the forces of Creative Imagination while dissipating them. Intemperance of sex is same as drinking and eating too much.
Sexual overindulgence may destroy reason and willpower and possibly lead to mental dysfunction.
Greatest creative effort and productivity are between age of 40 to 60. Ages of 40 -50 are usually most fruitful.
Love, romance and sex are all emotions capable of driving one to super-achievement.
Emotions of sex and jealousy can turn one into an insane beast.
Control of the mind through power of will is done by persistent habit. Negative can be transmuted into a positive, constructive emotion via changing one’s thoughts.
One may obtain great heights of financial, business, etc… but also may have traits of behavior that may rob them of ability to keep or enjoy their fortune, their happiness, even though they had riches.
The emotion of love brings out one’s artistic and esthetic(beauty) nature. Love for another will always be part of you. Even memories of love may life one to a higher plane of creative effort.
Bathe your mind in the beautiful memories of past love. They may bring you some idea or plan which may change the entire financial or spiritual status of your life.
No experience that touches the human heart with a spiritual force can possible be harmful, except through ignorance or jealousy.
Love, romance and sex may bring about a superior state of mind, a superior attitude.
Chapter 11: The Subconscious Mind
The Subconscious acts first on dominating desires which have been mixed with emotional feeling, such as FAITH.
Instructions in Chapter 6 on formulating and executing plans.
You can hand over to to it any plan, desire or purpose that you wish materialized. (instructions for using subconscious mind in Chapter 3)
Directions in Chapter 2 on FAITH
Fear, poverty and all negative thoughts serve as stimuli unless you master these impulses and give your mind more desirable food. Plant DESIRES in your mind or it will feed upon thoughts as a result of your neglect. (four sources mentioned in Chapter 10)
“You never can tell what a thought will do in bringing you hate or love,
for thoughts are things, and they are FAST. Each creates it’s own kind.”
Positives must be injected through autosuggestion (chapter 3 instructions)
Emotion or feeling impulses are like yeast, they provide the ACTION element which makes thought active.
It understands best the language of emotion or feeling. Draw upon the positives when giving instruction to your subconscious mind.
Seven Major Positive Emotions (Used in creative effort and only mastered by application and use)
…Let the positive dominate so completely negative cannot enter.
Seven Major Negative Emotions (To be avoided)
…A single powerful negative thought or feeling is sufficient to destroy all chances of aid from your subconscious mind and infinite intelligence. (like putting up a shield)
Most people pray when their minds are filled with FEAR and doubt, when everything else has failed.
Pray with FAITH and receive a definite plan or idea(s) for procuring the object of the prayer.
Chapter 12: The Brain | Broadcasting and Receiving Station
Emotion of sex that is vigorous and powerful, yet under control, channeled and given adequate and appropriate expression.
Instructions in Chapter 3 on Autosuggestion.
The intangible force that provides us with every dollar we carry in our pocket.
Procedure. The three of us sit down at a conference table and clearly state the nature of the problem we are considering, and then begin discussing it. Each contributes whatever thoughts that may occur.
This mind stimulation places each participant in communication with unknown sources of knowledge definitely outside his own experience.
We BECOME what we ARE because of our DOMINATING THOUGHTS AND DESIRES.
Chapter 13: The Sixth Sense
You will be warned of impending dangers in time to avoid them and notified of opportunities in time to embrace them… a “Guardian Angel” if you will.
Emulate the great, by feeling and action, as nearly as possible. Reshape your own character by trying to imitate most impressive.
Hill’s were: Ralph Waldo Emerson, Thomas Paine, Thomas Edison, Charles Darwin, Abraham Lincoln, Luther Burbank, Napoleon Bonaparte, Henry Ford and Andrew Carnegie. Every night over many years Hill held an imaginary Council meeting with his “invisible counselors.”
Just before going to sleep at night he would shit his eyes and see this group of men seated with me around his council table. Hill dominated the group by being the chairman.
Hill wanted to rebuild his character so it would represent a composite of the characters.
Hill called on his Cabinet members for knowledge he wished each to contribute.
“Mr. Emerson, I desire to acquire from you the marvelous understanding of nature which distinguished your life…
“Napoleon, I desire to acquire from you, by emulation, the marvelous ability you possessed to inspire men and to arouse them to greater and more determined spirit of action…
“Mr. Carnegie, I wish to acquire a thorough understanding of the principles of organized effort which you used so effectively in the building of a great industrial enterprise.
“Mr. Ford, I wish to acquire your spirit of persistence, the determination, poise, and self-confidence which have enabled you to master poverty and to organize, unify, and simplify human effort, so that I may help others to follow in your footsteps.
Hill’s method of addressing the members would vary according to the traits of character in which he was interested in acquiring. He studied the records of their lives with painstaking care. After months, Hill was astounded that these imaginary figures became apparently real.
Each of 9 men developed individual characteristics, Lincoln developed habit of always being late, then walking around in solemn parade.
Edison said, “You will observe that life consists of great swarms of energy or entities, each as intelligent as hum beings think themselves to be…Your own thoughts and desires serve as magnet which attracts units of life that harmonize with the nature of your desires from the great ocean of life.
Hill began to add new members to his cabinet to the tune of 50 members, among them Christ, St. Paul, Galileo, Copernicus, Aristotle, Plato, Socrates, Homer, Confucius, etc…
One of the blessings of maturity is that it sometimes brings greater courage to be truthful.
Hill now goes to his Council for every difficult problem which confronts him.
You will be able to throw off discouragement, master fear, overcome procrastination and draw freely upon your imagination. Then you will have the spirit of every great thinker, leader, musician or writer.
The 6 ghosts of fear exist only in one’s mind. Creations of uncontrolled imagination have cause most of the damage people have done to their own minds.
The most common weakness of all human beings is the habit of leaving their minds open to the negative influence of other people.
How To Outwit the 6 Ghosts of Fear
INDECISION, DOUBT AND FEAR. They are sneaky.
The 6 Basic Fears
1. Poverty. At the heart of most people’s worries
3. Ill Health
4. Loss of Love of Someone
5. Old Age
Human beings have absolute control over ONE thing — THOUGHT.
Thought impulses of fear and poverty cannot be translated into terms of courage and financial gain.
If you want riches, you must refuse to accept any circumstance that leads toward poverty. Chapter 1 instructions.
If you demand riches, determine what form of riches and how much. If you refuse to demand riches it is because of your STATE OF MIND. It cannot be purchased, it must be created.
Fear of POVERTY paralyzes the faculty of reason, destroys imagination, kills self-reliance, undermines enthusiasm, discourages initiative, leads to uncertainty of purpose, encourages procrastination, and makes self-control impossible.
It takes the charm from one’s personality, destroys accurate thinking, diverts concentration of effort, kills persistence, up-heaves willpower, destroys ambition, beclouds memory and invites failure in every conceivable form.
It kills love and the finer emotions of the heart, discourages friendship, leads to sleeplessness, misery, and unhappiness. All this despite we live in world of overabundance of everything our heart desires.
Some people care more about their wallet than their reputation.
Majority of marriages continue to be motivated by the one or both who has the money.
Symptoms of the Fear of Poverty
INDIFFERENCE. Lack of ambition, initiative, imagination, enthusiasm and self-control. Don’t settle for poverty! Mental and physical laziness.
INDECISION. Permitting others to do one’s thinking. Staying on the fence.
DOUBT. Alibis and excuses to explain away one’s failures.
WORRY. Finding fault with others, tendency to spend beyond one’s income, intemperance in the use of alcohol, nervousness, lack of poise, self-consciousness and lack of self-reliance.
OVER-CAUTION – Looking for the negative side of every circumstance, thinking failure instead of succeeding. Never searching for plans to avoid failure. Waiting often. Forgetting those who have succeeded. Overlooking the doughnut despite seeing the hole. Pessimism, leading to indigestion, poor elimination, autointoxication, bad breath and bad disposition.
PROCRASTINATION. Putting off until tomorrow which could have been done. Refuse to accept responsibility. Willing to compromise rather than put up a fight or harnessing and using difficulties as steppingstones to advancement.
Bargaining with life for a penny instead of demanding prosperity, opulence, riches, contentment and happiness. Burning all bridges and making retreat impossible.
Lack of self-confidence, definiteness of purpose, self-control, initiative, enthusiasm, thrift and sound reasoning ability. Expecting poverty instead of DEMANDING RICHES. Seek company of those who demand and receive riches.
Having a little money in the pocket can make a man feel good.
The Fear of Criticism
People will not only take away the goods and wares of others, but will justify their action by CRITICISM of their victims’ character.
Politicians seek office not by displaying their own virtues and qualifications, but by attempting to slander their opponents.
Every season the styles of clothes change. The manufacturers do it so they can sell more clothes. No one wants to drive an automobile that is not of the latest style.
Most people will tell a lie rather than admit they they do not believe all the stories associated with their religion. Even though many are fable like.
Men and women have been burned at the stake for daring to express their disbelief in ghosts.
A mother once told her child daily “You’ll land in prison before you are 20.” He was sent to a reformatory at the age of 17. (she created in inferiority complex in him unnecessarily)
Never criticize, condemn or complain… Better is to constructively suggest.
Criticism plants FEAR or resentment in the heart, but will not build LOVE or affection.
Symptoms of the Fear of Criticism
SELF-CONSCIOUSNESS. Nervousness, timidity in conversation and in meeting strangers, awkward movement of the hands and limbs, shifting of the eyes.
LACK OF POISE. Lack of voice control, poor posture of body, poor memory.
WEAK PERSONALITY. Lack of firmness of decision, personal charm and ability to express opinions definitely. Sidestepping issues instead of meeting them squarely. Agreeing with others without careful examination of their opinions.
INFERIORITY COMPLEX. Expressing self-approval by word of mouth and by actions, as a means of covering up a feeling of inferiority. Using big words to impress others.Boasting of imaginary achievements to give a surface appearance of a feeling of superiority.
EXTRAVAGANCE. Spending beyond one’s income.
LACK OF INITIATIVE. Failure to embrace opportunities for self-advancement, lack of confidence in one’s own ideas, giving evasive answers to questions asked by superiors, deceit in both words and deeds.
LACK OF AMBITION. Mental and physical laziness, lack of self-assertion, tendency to be easily influenced by others, accepting defeat without protest, unwilling to accept the blame for mistakes.
The Fear Of Ill Health
Can be traced to both physical and social heredity. Also some unethical people engaged in the business of “selling health” help keep the fear alive.
Feared because of terrible pictures which have been planted in our mind of what may happen if death should overtake us and also because of the economic toll which it may claim.
Reputable physician estimated that 75 percent of people who go to physicians suffer from hypochondria(imaginary illness). Even where there is not the slightest cause for fear, often produces physical symptoms of the disease feared. (Subconscious can’t tell difference between real and imagined)
Powerful is the human mind! It builds or it destroys.
Dispensers of patent medicines have reaped fortunes.
Ask someone “What ails you? You look terribly ill.” ..If two more people ask them similar question, their answer will change from “Oh, nothing I’m alright.” to them actually feeling ill.
There are certain religious sects whose members take vengeance upon their enemies by “hexing” method. Placing a spell on the victim, and some have actually died.
Disease sometimes begins in worry, fear, discouragement, disappointment in love and business affairs.
Symptoms of the Fear of Ill Health
INAPPROPRIATE AUTOSUGGESTION. Negative use of self-suggestion by looking for or expecting to find symptoms of all kinds of disease. Better to focus on Health.
SELF-CODDLING. Making a bid for sympathy using imaginary illness as the lure. (Often used to avoid work)
INTEMPERANCE. Using alcohol or drugs to deaden pains instead of eliminating the cause.
The Fear of Loss of Love or (Mate Companionship)
Steal the mates of other males.
Woman’s maternal instincts and need for protection during periods of pregnancy and early child nurturing.
Jealousy and loss of security… can lead to severe mental problems.
Use lure of romantic persuasion, the promise of fine clothes, expensive automobiles and jewelry, access to economic power.
Women learn that men are not to be trusted in the hands of rivals.
FAULT FINDING. Upon the slightest provocation or without any cause whatsoever.
GAMBLING. Love can be bought. Going in debt. Bad temper.
The Fear of Old Age
Fear that old age may bring POVERTY. More commonly that fire and brimstone, boogieman tactics cunningly designed to enslave people through fear.
Distrust of others who may steal or seize their worldly goods.
Eroticism, as no one cherishes the thought of diminishing sexual attraction and activity.
Possibilitly of poverty, “poorhouse” – having to spend one’s declining years impoverished and worried constantly about meeting the necessities of life and the special needs of old age.
Possibility of loss of freedom and independence as old age may bring loss of physical and economic freedom.
TENDENCY TO SLOW DOWN. Falsely believing oneself to be “slipping” because of age. One’s most useful years , mentally and spiritually are between 50 and 60. Appreciate having reached the age of wisdom and understanding.
KILLING OFF INITIATIVE. Dressing with aim to appear younger, thereby inspiring ridicule by others.
The Fear of Death
“Embrace my faith, accept my dogmas and I will give you a ticket to heaven.” Says the same leader “and may the devil take you and burn you for eternity.”
Accept death as part of the Great Circle of Life.
The entire world is made up of matter and energy, neither of which can be created or destroyed, they can only be changed.
Thinking about dying or make the most of LIFE?
Due generally to lack of purpose or lack of a suitable occupation.
Greatest remedy is a BURNING DESIRE FOR ACHIEVEMENT, backed by useful service to others. Stay occupied and entertained. Work hard and play harder. Find life Thrilling.
Common causes are poor health, poverty, lack of appropriate occupation, disappointment over love, insanity and religious fanaticism.
Old Man Worry
Worry is a form of sustained fear caused by indecision. Better is prompt and firm DECISION.
Use willpower to reach decisions promptly and to stand by them. Don’t be handicapped by other’s influence of indecision.
Reach a decision to follow a definite line of action and watch the conditions melt away.
One’s CALMNESS, confidence, feeling FINE. Having broad-view, being positive. Learn for CERTAIN WHAT you must do. Then make up your mind(DECISION) to accept what you can’t control, and focus on the courage to change the things you can. Enjoy and NO FEAR.
Whip the Fear of Poverty by DECIDING to get along with whatever wealth you can accumulate.
Kill worry in all forms by DECIDING “Life Ain’t that bad”. With this DECISION comes poise, peace of mind and calmness of thought which brings happiness.
Even an animal can detect of you have COURAGE and THEY WILL BEHAVE ACCORDING. Vibrations of fear pass from one mind to another in an instant.
Person who releases thoughts of a destructive nature breaks down Creative Imagination and repels people with negative personality.
One may control their own mind constructively. you may influence, direct and eventually control your own environment, making your life what you want it to be. Make your life to order or cast yourself upon the broad “Sea of Circumstance”, where you will be tossed about like a raft on the waves of the ocean.
THE DEVIL’S WORKSHOP | The Seventh Basic Evil
The rich soil in which the seeds of failure grow abundantly. Sneaky…”SUSCEPTIBILITY TO NEGATIVE INFLUENCES.”
ALWAYS protect yourself against this evil! The poverty stricken never do! Prepare yourself. It may strike when you are asleep or when you are awake. Sometimes enters your mind through the well-meant words of one’s relative, other times through noe’s own mental attitude. Deadly as a poison.
Use your WILLPOWER, build a wall of immunity against negative influences in your own mind.
Realize that you are susceptible to all suggestions that harmonize with your weaknesses, be it lazy, indifferent, etc.
Set up habits that counteract all these FEARS and keep your mind closed against all people who depress or discourage you in any way.
Throw away all pill bottles that you don’t need.
Deliberately seek the company of people who influence you to THINK AND ACT FOR YOURSELF.
Do not expect troubles as they have a tendency not to disappoint.
The most common of all weakness of all is the habit of leaving one’s mind open to negative influence of other people. Hence the suggestion to look at your “top 5” you hang out with. Correct this evil at ONCE.
Self-Analysis Test Questions
Do you complain often of feeling bad? If so, what is the cause?
Do you find fault with other people often?
Do you frequently make mistakes in your work, and if so why?
Are you sarcastic and offensive in your conversation and in what you do?
Do you deliberately avoid the association of anyone, and if so, why?
To which are you most devoted, thinking of SUCCESS or FAILURE?
THERE ARE MANY MORE QUESTIONS….REVIEW THEM ALL. (pg 265)
You have ABSOLUTE CONTROL over YOUR THOUGHTS! the mind can produce anything the mind can conceive and believe.
Ford “I’LL BELT THE EARTH WITH DEPENDABLE MOTOR CARS” and he did! Ford had a mind and CONTROLLED IT. HE CREATED AN OPPORTUNITY AND BACKED IT WITH PERSISTENCE UNTIL IT MADE HIM RICH.
Mind control is result of self-discipline and habit. You either control your mind or it controls you. You either control alcohol or it controls you. Keep busy with your definite purpose, backed by a definite plan. Direct your mind toward the attainment of a definite objective and achieve noteworthy success.
57 Famous Alibis
IF I didn’t have a wife and family. They are the reason why I’m RICH.(rich dad, poor dad)
If I had enough “pull, if I had money… (you only need resourcefullness)
If I had the courage to see myself as I really am. Analyze your weaknesses and cure them.
The first and best victory is to CONQUER SELF, although it is most shameful and vile.
“The ugliness I saw in others was but a reflection of my own nature.”
If you hesitate before moving or neglect to move thoughtfully or decisively, you will be wiped out by your opponent, TIME… don’t tolerate indecision!
Master Key is intangible. It is the ability to create in one’s own mind a BURNING DESIRE for a definite form of riches. Conquer self and force life to pay whatever is asked. The REWARD is worthy of the effort.
P.S Visualization and Self-Talk are the TWO KEYS to Success.
What’s your goal?
The only one who can turn things around is YOU.
Speak from passion and experience.
Don’t run from the truth….go toward the truth.
And no matter how hard it gets, find a way…. obtain the goal.
When you’re driven to succeed, whatever is in front of you will get destroyed.
Take it violently personal, you can do it.
Break goal down into little steps. I gotta do this to before i can do that.
Step out of your life for 1 second and read what you’re about from ‘the Cookie Jar’.
– “You are a bad ass.” Remember who the F___ you really are@core.
When you’re feeling the pain, BELIEVE you are indestructible.
“Who on this f___’n earth would still be going right now?” You are.
Your body will say “He’s not going to stop.”
“Who the Hell would even GET OUT OF THAT CHAIR. You did.
Find your flaws, everything wrong with your mentality. Then fix it.
Do things that you hate to do, i.e exercise. On the other side is greatness. Callusing your mind.
Whatever don’t kill you makes you tougher.
Find the courage, we all have Greatness.