So you want to learn how to start blogging? Well that’s awesome! Blogging is an excellent way to make money online. Whether you want to replace your current income or create add an additional income stream, blogging is one of the best ways to make money online.
Make sure to sign up for my FREE 7 Day Blogging Income Stream Course to get the exact strategy I use, so you can build a wealthy livelihood. To sign up just email: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Free 7 Day Blogging” in the subject line.
How To Start Blog in 20 minutes:
It’s easy to start a blog. Here are 5 steps to start a blog in less than and for less than 6 dollars per month. You can literally launch your blog in less than 9 clicks at host like Hawkhost. Yep, in 20 minutes, 9 clicks, $6/month.
Also it is super easy to get started because Hawkhost will automatically walk you through every step of the process from buying a domain to set up your website in 9 clicks or less. Get 50% Off with this exclusive link only available through Income Wizards.
Step 1. Set-up Website Hosting (it’s super easy! only 1 click with HawkHost!)
Once you find a domain you like, then buy your domain, set-up hosting, and install WordPress (best management system for bloggers). This will all take you less than 10 minutes. Get 50% Off with this exclusive link only available through Income Wizards.
Click the “get started now” button and let’s get started! (see above). Select a hosting plan that fits your needs. On Hawkhost, you can select the cheapest plan option and then always upgrade later if you need more bandwidth. But if you are going to take blogging seriously, you should consider an upgraded package.
After you select your package now you are going to search from your domains. Take out the list you made of potential domain names and start searching. Always buy a .com domain – even if you have to search for a new name, the .com will always been more recognizable that some of the other new domain extensions (for example don’t buy a .space domain!)
Step 2. Find Your Domain Name
This will not only be your URL, but it will also be your brand! So it’s super important that you come up with a name that you love.
Make it memorable, not too long, and use keywords related to your niche). Make a list of 10-20 potential names for your blog, since some domains might already be taken. The great thing about Bluehost is that you can get unlimited domains, whereas most hosts charge you $15+ for each domain.
I strongly recommend that you keep your domain shorter than 20 letters – it’s statistically shown that domains that have 20 letters or less get more traffic because they are easier to type in and remember. And more traffic means more money!
A typical formula that I use when coming up with domain names is [fun word + word related to your niche .com] or
[memorable phrase about your topic]
. Some of the great domain name examples based on these two formats are moneymania or budgetsarebadass.
The main ways you can make money with your blog is to monetize via:
- Google AdSense
- Affiliate Marketing
- License Rights Program
Some of the top marketers and earners online use these methods and they rake in handsome monthly revenue for their efforts.
Here are my Top 10 Best Tips on How To Start A Blog (and Make Money)
- Define your WHY… Do you want to afford a better home for your family? Do you want to go on vacations & travel the world? Do you want a new vehicle? Knowing this will get you through the ‘going gets tough times’
- Find Mentor(s) that actually Makes Money Blogging (search on Google, YouTube, Ask me)
- Record training via video & notes/pdf (if not already created for you)
- Make sure you know the basics. i.e Do-follow v.s no-follow links. On-page, On-site, Off-site for best SEO.
- Learn and Apply what the Mentor Teaches You
- Ask Questions
- Learn as you go. In order to vacuum the carpet, you will need to plug in the vacuum cleaner. Get Started! You will get better with experience. Mentally prepare to Fail fast & Succeed quick.
- Believe you can do it.
- Be consistent. If this means writing 1 post a week or 2 posts a week. Choose your schedule and stick to it.
- Consider doing reviews (preferably with demos). They are an excellent way to increase conversions and produce sales.
- Choose your Vertical/Niche/Topic. What are you interested in? What gets you excited? What are you passionate about? What do you know a lot about or what could you talk about for hours on end? Choose an industry that talks to someone’s Passion or a Pain-Obstacle. The Market you choose needs to be large enough and you must be able to make money with it. (notice how there are many different words to describe the same thing. Just use the word that makes the most sense to you.)